Back to previous page

Monte da Madalena Park

Rua de Santa Maria Madalena, Fornelos 4990-627 Ponte de Lima 41° 45’ 10,8” N | 8° 33’ 51,4” W
Rua de Santa Maria Madalena, Fornelos 4990-627 Ponte de Lima

Located in the parish of Fornelos, at about 240 m of altitude with an access by the socalled extension of Madalena, the journey to the Park, opened in May 1923, allows us to appreciate the existing oaks (Quercus robur), pines (Pinus) and chestnut trees (Castanea sativa).

At the top, we can enjoy a pleasant wooded area where the stone made tables and benches were not forgotten, in addition to the pleasant restaurant/ bar requalified in 2013, in front of which we can observe one of the most beautiful views of the Lima Valley and constituting itself as a viewpoint of excellence complemented by the area situated a little further down next to the Chapel of Santa Maria Madalena.

Named in times Monte das Santas, a chapel existed here which appearance in 1924 was of total destruction. In 1926, the Chapel was bought, transported and rebuilt as new for an amount of 4,500 escudos (portuguese currency) for the owner of the Casa da Boavista, at the parish of Moreira, with the farmers of the parishes of Moreira, Sá, Santa Comba and Bertiandos carrying it on the 1st of May of 1926 where it received the blessing in September 22, 1930.



Address:
Rua de Santa Maria Madalena, Fornelos
4990-627 Ponte de Lima

GPS: 41º 45' 10,8" N | 8º 33' 51,4" W



Description
Located in the parish of Fornelos, at about 240 m of altitude with an access by the socalled extension of Madalena, the journey to the Park, opened in May 1923, allows us to appreciate the existing oaks (Quercus robur), pines (Pinus) and chestnut trees (Castanea sativa).

At the top, we can enjoy a pleasant wooded area where the stone made tables and benches were not forgotten, in addition to the pleasant restaurant/ bar requalified in 2013, in front of which we can observe one of the most beautiful views of the Lima Valley and constituting itself as a viewpoint of excellence complemented by the area situated a little further down next to the Chapel of Santa Maria Madalena.

Named in times Monte das Santas, a chapel existed here which appearance in 1924 was of total destruction. In 1926, the Chapel was bought, transported and rebuilt as new for an amount of 4,500 escudos (portuguese currency) for the owner of the Casa da Boavista, at the parish of Moreira, with the farmers of the parishes of Moreira, Sá, Santa Comba and Bertiandos carrying it on the 1st of May of 1926 where it received the blessing in September 22, 1930.
Contacts
Address:
Rua de Santa Maria Madalena, Fornelos
4990-627 Ponte de Lima

GPS: 41º 45' 10,8" N | 8º 33' 51,4" W
Visite Ponte de Lima
Visite Ponte de Lima
© 2020
PortoNorte